Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Undemanded

The road I took was paved with your footsteps,
the berries I picked tasted of your kisses,
the birds chirped your laughter, 
and the raindrops carried the scent I had known 
from the palm of your hands.

It felt as though you had exploded along the way,
with your guts splashed sideways on bushes and trees,
your blood sneaking down to the stream, 
your bones mixing with the sand grains in between the stones,
and your flesh marking every turning point. 

The awe that overcame me quickly gave away to joy,
and the joy was replaced by a familiar sense of satisfaction,
and soon what had started as your overwhelming presence 
became natural. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home