Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Should you come by, Dietrich




How many men are there still on earth who know how to dream like you did?
I don't know, how many of them can stand in front of me and still say 'No' instead of admiration
I don't know behind how many of those 'No'es then there would lie a far off dream
I wonder if any of them could say so much of 'me' in one simple 'No'
No to my childish dreams, to my carefree games, no to danger, to deception, to the temptation of careless wanderings...

I wonder, if one day I search all Land and look all over Time
Will there still be anyone with the craving you had for holding my hand?
Anyone who'd already know my scent from afar?
I wonder how many men still walk this earth,
with eyes which can see the ways yours did...

Why did none of them bear my eyes then?
Why then, none of them stands in front of me, even from behind the curtains?
Why can't I hear any of them neither laugh nor cry on the phone?
Why are all their tricks either lecherous or so deadly empty?
Why is their honesty so much falser than all your lies?
Why is their truth not keeping up with the illusion of you?

Why does time not affect you yet?
Why can't my rage fade the look in your eyes I never saw?
Why can't the tears I never cried and the cries I never shouted drop your far away hands down?

Still, when I secretly miss you and let our forbidden memories drag me away,
and when I think of all those days we weren't supposed to be, all that time you should not have existed,
and sometimes, when I am tempted to even forgive you like you asked me to, to even forgive you from the least explored depths of my heart;
When all my regrets decrease to only once calling your name,
and your voice echoes again in my head,
The voice calling my name, closer than any other man can make it sound,
Then I just forget the price demanded for being the woman in one of the most beautiful love stories on earth.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home