Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Thursday, November 04, 2010

And Now Finally the 27!


I still can not make up my mind, in which stage of life my mind dwells. A Child, as my Flute Maestro calls me 'the kid'? A young girl? Or maybe even a woman?
I never thought it felt so strange to be 27, eventhough it has always been a very special age for me, since my mom was 27 when I was born; I was the one to turn her into a Mother when she was 27 years old. I do not see it within me to become a mother, not yet. But lately I see a woman standing next to the child inside me sometimes, not a girl, but a young woman. She looks at me with the eyes of a woman, fully aware of all what such one person is. Then the child looks at her with widened eyes, trying to figure out what lies in her eyes, when this woman looks at it and smiles. 
Sometimes the woman in me holds the Child's hand and then they take a walk together, sometimes they even play games, sing and shout loudly in joy. Sometimes she holds the child in her arms and sings to it, when it gets scared and sometimes the child wipes her tears with its sleeves, when she gets lonely. Sometimes she is chained down and sometimes she spreads her wings and flies. Sometimes she wipes the child's nose clean, when it is sick and hurt and sometimes the child covers her with a blanket, when she is exhausted and falls asleep. And when she is hurt, she and the child just stare at each other for a long time, without saying a single word. 




And I still wonder what I am at 27.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home