Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friends

Your quivering hand, but not because of the frost
I held your hand tight in mine, 
while you were quivering in pain
It was the silence, which hurt most
The silence which stole your cries from my ears,
The same which hid your tears from me
I thought of a thousand ointments I could have made
I tried my best to remember all the remedies 
I might have known
I did my very best, desperately, 
to maybe ease your suffering
Yet what could cure a pain so deep under 
skin, flesh and bone?
I held your hand, stepped stronger forwards, trying to be as solid as the mountains you cherished so
I wanted you to know, that I, too would be 
walking this path
Even if I can not make your pain go away

No more quivering in my hand, 
since our hands were torn apart
And still we walk this path, side by side
I have been whispering to all the trees along this road
And they to all the trees along every road
To hold your hand with a strength beyond mine
When you pass by
For I know you will make a stop by every tree on your way

3 Comments:

Blogger Nanox said...

A very touching text. One of your best works in my eyes.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Einhornin said...

This one's for Safura.

1:59 PM  
Blogger safzav said...

خیلی ارزشمنده آیدا این دوستی ... این فاصله ای که فاصله نیست ... ممنون آیدا :)

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home