Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Friday, February 09, 2007

Power of Posession

Posession, the feeling that something belongs to you, your life and is under your very own control and lead, is a feeling incomparable with all other. You can not basically be at home where nothing is really yours.
When packing for Germany, I knew about it, so I tried to pack as much of "me" as possible in my extremely limited loggage, yet 20 kg could not include much me in it (even with 20 kg extra). to strart some life some where else in the world you need some necessary "furniture" and "equipement" and then you always need some stupid objects only you value. To most people they seem like a waste of money and time, but you yourself inside you know how it is impossible to live without for example an appropriate key chain.
When I decided to buy the microwave oven, I had totally forgotten about the power of posession; but then, the second I saw it in the supermarket, I was posessed, I knew I wanted it, I needed to have a real piece for me, something I would take packed to my place, and open and set and whose manual I would read. I called Nona right away and discussed the prize with her. When I hung up, I just realized that it looked too heavy to be carried home by me, in the 187 Bus!
But as you might have already guessed, no such silly excuses could stop me at the moment. So yesterday I crried it home, luckily the Bus was almost empty at the hour and I was getting off at the end. Then I had to carry us both to the dorm, and that was managed thanks to the street lamps.
The long expected moment finally arrived and I was there with my precious Victorinox cutting through the box coverage, oh it felt so good; so indiscribably good.
The gracious feeling was still there when I realized that I have nothing my little desktop to put the spacious precious peice on.
"No matter what" is what you keep telling yourself when you want something just bad enough.
And now, everything in my 20 m2 room is prepared for my tomarrow morning's perfect toast(it also has a grill!). What a breakfast I would start my weekend with!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

حانومی، گذاشتی رفتی بدون این‌که خبر بدی؟!
دیروز با سارا و صفورا حرف‌ات بود، تازه آن موقغ فهمیدم که رفتی! بعد شاکی شدم که کلا از آیدا خبری نیست، برای رو کم کنی هم که شده آمدی توی وبلاگ‌ام کامنت گذاشتی!!!!‌:))

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home