Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Secret

It was easy to hide it; from everyone, from you, especially from you since you have been so absolutely sure to definitely find out anything I might ever intend to hide from you.

The only tough part was not hiding it from myself. The obligatory presence of various thoughts on it in my mind all the time was about to drive me mad several times. As it gradually became a casual and ordinarily permanent matter for everyone else, feeling it when I was around, it consumed far too much of my energy. Yet I knew it was the only way of keeping it well hidden from all including you: making a habit out of it.

You just needed to feel it more frequently than expected; more often encounters,  seeing the secret burning in my eyes every time you looked and you would just assume it being no matter of importance.  You got used to it sooner than I thought you could and lost all interest in looking longer, in digging deeper. It was by far not the easiest but the safest way to make sure you would not suspect, that you would not find out I was indeed hiding something from you.

It required great concentration but in the end, I managed to keep away from you the one thing you wanted most:
    before your eyes and
    out of your reach;
                           all these years.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet in the end, the truth comes out, always.

Am still reading and more than once wordless. Please have a wonderful Wednesday.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Einhornin said...

I tend to want to believe that!

It is always heart warming to know you are reading. ^^

Have a marvelous Night!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home