Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

At the Mercy of Frost

It is a new madness
knocking our door this time
hasty, passionate and with an indescribable rage.
None of us needed a glance at the other
for its rage was far more familiar
than any other tune echoing inside these walls;
yet it was a brilliant new madness.

When the frozen tear touched the wound on your hand
it was the prettiest snowflake my eyes had even known
yet our minds had wandered off on a too long a path
to turn that mesmerizing beauty into anything
but a cold moment of relief on the dashing red on your hand.

The roads lost their destinations to the storm.
Our footsteps started disappearing
and the winds...
The winds they stole away every song we had ever sung,
as they had already taken away the song of every tree on our path.

It was the new madness
not letting the wounds on your hands heal
knocking eagerly on a door it most certainly did not intend to open
and walls resonating to its vicious knocks
brick for brick, column for column.

Words started to flee from in between the bricks.
Every intention behind every thought sought shelter at the serenity of oblivion.
The dazzling look in your eyes gave in to the resonance,
when I wished upon...

It did not matter.
I just wished upon.
I wished.
It was the moment I realized I still had the will to make a wish.

I finally heard every single knock on the rotten door;
It was a whole new madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home