Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gary's Version

I was holding this tiny woman in my arms last night and was watching over her sleep. It was fascinating to think that something like her could actually fall asleep and wander in the realm of dreams. And the long dark silky hair was practically everywhere: on her pillow, on my pillow, on the mattress, right in front of my eyes, over her shoulder and even in my hand. It was funny how it looked as through threads of her thoughts, threads right from her head were flowing all over my life.
When had I gotten myself stuck with her? Was it the day we both smelled trouble coming and had to run away from home, away from dad and Georg?
Not really. Being honest with myself, I would have to admit that it goes way further in the past.
Was it when she moved in with us? Or when dad assigned her as his student assistant? I don't know, I can not remember any more but I am stuck, I could see it in her hair last night. It was flowing everywhere, even inside my head. So I suddenly felt the urge to smell it, to know the scent of this mystery surrounding me in the dark of the night. It took me a couple of minutes before I made sure that she was fast asleep. So I firmly bent a little bit, just a little bit forward and took a deep breath. She did not wake up, she had absolutely no idea about what I was doing. I had smelled it though so I now had to grin victoriously. 
It felt good, the tiny thing I was holding.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home