Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time, Think, Time!

I should have most probably given it more time, but I knew I was losing it again. Any longer delay and I would not have been able to hold it together. It was one of those moments when with a rash one actually feels the sands of time sieving away through the fingers and the tighter you try to make your grasp onto them, the less space you leave at the palm of your hand for the remaining grains. So I concentrated on the sand and got into action. 
It was a frozen look... or a freezing look, I do not remember. All I know is that something froze... and someone along with it. I preferred to say that something left and took my someone with it but nothing was moved, nothing was taken away, it was all there, frozen, right in front of my hands, trying to defeat the sands of time.

Gasp!
Yes I had to gasp for more air just to realize hug rough it felt, with the sand filling up my lungs. I could not help but imagine the sandish brown on my perfectly pink lungs, covering up, sticking, not letting go, piling up and blocking every whole, from which oxygen might have escaped into my blood. I tried to cough, tried to cough really hard which did not want to help. At a point I solely felt sorry for my pretty lungs.

And I heard it again in the wind. Someone was singing in the wind. It was like a breeze of hope, like a message that things will not stay the same. I did not care which way the course of time would take them, as long as I knew change was on the way. I even got to the point of believing it was time itself singing in the wind.
The time kept singing and I stopped to care. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - indeed breathtaking writing.


barefoot navigation

1:39 AM  
Blogger Einhornin said...

And here I was not satisfied with myself! ^^
It was more of a sudden rash, making me to put down words I did not really know where they came from.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home