Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Your Unicorns

You believed in unicorns. It was no effort seeing it glow in your eyes. 
You also believed in cotton candy providing you with magic powers, as seriously. If I go on thinking, I can remember a whole series of every little thing you believed in, like that should one day a indigo butterfly sit on your nose, it can turn you to one, too. I guess most people around you just got used to you. Some believed you were joking, some believed you were cute and childish like that and some believed you were nuts. I merely remember how I felt at first. It was weird, that one for sure but it was also unique, the sincerity of your voice and your eyes, that was what made the whole difference. You never tried hard o convince anyone, it was sufficient that you knew what you believed in, to you, they were truly facts. That was what I liked most. When there was a butterfly flying around at your first glance you said "I wonder if it is an indigo." the same way that most people lined up in front of a news stand would remark that the line is always longer on Thursdays, even you said both with the same ton in your voice. The same way you would doubt and question your beliefs, like anyone might take the time to doubt and question facts they had known. It did make great difference.
Somehow you picked it quite quickly that I confronted you differently. I even saw how you looked at me with appreciation a several times.

I heard you. I heard you every time you talked... and I thought. I thought about your words, about you, the passion and the honesty you left behind your words. I looked at you, when you were silent. I wanted to see if your eyes changed, if there maybe came another look and took the 'easy' you away. It did not and yet you did not look that easy when you were silent. You looked concerned, you looked distant and somehow mysterious. Sometimes it made me think that I knew not a thing about you, for I could not even nearly guess what you were thinking about. It all disappeared the moment you directly looked at someone or started talking... at first I thought that it disappeared, then I saw it again. It was there but dimmed or like in a shadow of the other presence. It felt like something inside you was constantly screaming or singing to keep you safe.
Safe from what?

I still hear you, no matter where or how far you are, even though I might never know where you are. And I still think about everything you said and you believed. I still wonder which could be true and which could only apply to you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Einhornin said...

The ending sounded much better in my head... should get back to it later for major editing.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If allowed, would like to wish it to remain as it is, providing a kind of promise, for which I am grateful.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Einhornin said...

Actually I was much rather thinking of rephrasing it, than changing the way it ends. ^^

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home