Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wind Chimes

It blew from the south
The chilly breeze of the early morning reaching our streets and our windows
Having already traveled over all the lands
Shivering or trembling we all heard the teeth clattering
Was it simply the wind howling or did we hear silent screams in the wind?

I remember the roses losing their dashing colours to the wind
Then the pale petals fell one after another as they listened to its stories
Stories of daisies falling to the curse of axes
of Lilies plagued by chainsaw
of roots being burnt to ashes 
And of contaminated springs and rivers

In the early morning, when most of us were still fast asleep
The breeze then spoke the prophecy of the wall
Of one so mighty and so high to capture every wind and to stop every storm
The fearful words passed through every brick and every stone
A thick dark fog shaded our windows, turning the sunlight away from every room

I sit here, reaching out for your cold hand, which I find no more
And the only warmth I feel upon my heart is the chanting of the mice
“Beware that one day
A forest will grow
The birds will nest
As the wind will blow.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home