Einhorn

Like every other story teller, I just fail to ignore the call of untold stories, so I narrate...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Interlude

Two recent events, happening within a few day, left me no more room for silence, one was the 'Neda Agha-Soltan' Scholarship of the Queen's College in England and the other one the execution of 'Ehsan Fattahian' this morning.Why is the world so obsessed with dead heros and ignores the very living ones? Since over a month a petition was set up to rescue Ehsan from death, not enough signatures were there to save him, not enough for Mr. Ban Ki Moon. As if it weren't obvious that this young man was not guilty, as if millions have to shout for him to hear and as if these millions were waiting for his death to make another pretty frame for the new idol on their walls. I tried so hard to keep silent, I tried so hard to write of my love and of life, to avoid direct statements but I can not. It is no more just the green movement, it is no more only politics, it is people I cannot understand, it is the same old story, the one bringing Nodetians together, the one from which we needed to protect ourselves. Why do people hate living heros in front of their eyes so much, while they write stories, make film and sing songs about the dead ones? Why do people find geniouses so repelling while they love to talk about all what they achieve? Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home